The past year at Them Days (our 40th anniversary year), March 15 to March 15, has been a very busy year. When we wanted to celebrate turning 40, we did it in a big way.
Let’s look at a few things we’ve done.
– Labrador Morning Them Days show
– Re-issue of Snowblind & Seal Finger
– Storytelling Workshops in Rigolet, Nain, Upper Lake Melville & Cartwright with Gary Greene
– Happy Valley Story Walks
– photobooth fundraisers (Hallowe’en & Christmas)
– 1975 Trivia Night fundraiser
– Nunatsiavut 10th Anniversary issue
– #IDThemDays project
– Floaters, Stationers & Livyeres: The Labrador Fishery in Them Days
– Dave Paddon & Richard Neville night in North West River
Of course, these are only the highlights and end results. The fisheries issue, for example, meant that I had to travel around Labrador (and Newfoundland, for my first research trip there ever). And here are a few other favourite moments/pictures from our 40th anniversary year:
(okay, okay, some of these I snuck in even though they were from a couple of weeks before the start of the anniversary year, in February of last year. But they were related!)
What has been your favourite 40th anniversary year event?