Hello there! My name is Bradley Baker, I’m from Happy Valley-Goose Bay and I’m one of the summer student employees at Them Days for the 2016 season. Along with assisting my co-workers with editing and in the archive, I will be your tour guide and social media assistant. I am extremely thrilled to have this opportunity and can’t wait to get a move on!
This fall, I will be starting the Tourism and Hospitality program at The College of the North Atlantic in St. John’s. Travel and exploring has always been a passion of mine. I think a role change in being the tour guide, as opposed to the tourist, is extremely exciting and I’m ready to take on all it has to offer!
I have set a few goals for myself for this summer:
1. Learn more about the history of Happy Valley and about its people- what has happened here, why it happened and how it happened.
2. Educate people from our community, province, country and the world about what Goose Bay is, its history what it has to offer.
3. To explore my home town more.
4. Help people enjoy their visit to HVGB to the fullest potential through recommending good restaurants, places to stay, and things to do and explore while they’re here.
5. Help release a magazine (or two!).
As I said before, I am extremely thrilled to be working with Them Days this summer and I hope to see you in store or on a tour very soon!